Identity management systems have some special characteristics when it comes to testing and can certainly benefit from automation.
My 30-minute webinar recording about testing identity management implementations covered testing in general, the particular requirements for Identity Management testing, and SoftwareIDM‘s Test Panel. Watch it now to hear me discuss these key points:
- Any system should be properly tested before initial roll-out and after modifications
- As Identity Management Systems have become more complex, so has their testing – testing which relies on a combination of manual actions and scripts, is laborious and lacks the required rigour, repeatability, and efficiency
- Test Panel is a generic, automated testing tool for identity management systems that:
- Automates testing, facilitating rapid repeatable testing
- Provides a single interface through which to manage testing configuration, operation, and reporting
- Can be used to test IAM implementations based on any technology, such as MIM, SailPoint, Saviynt, OKTA as well as HyperSync Panel
- Test Panel can:
- Provide visibility and a detailed record of testing that can be made available to all personnel involved
- Rapidly and effectively detect issues
- Improve the quality of the delivered system
- Lower the risk of accidentally granting wrongful access
- Reduce time spent in user acceptance testing
- Help you conform to quality and regulatory standards
- Reduce implementation costs
For those interested in delving deeper into SoftwareIDM’s Identity Panel Suite, view these recorded webinars from last year. In these sessions, I explored and demonstrated why we think the Identity Panel Suite is a game-changer. The Test Panel webinar is – if you like – the 5th in the four-part series on the Identity Panel Suite, completing the full tour. The suite is a collection of tools that enhances hybrid AD or Microsoft Entra ID alone. It can also serve as a replacement for MIM.
During these webinars, I focused on key aspects such as synchronization, secure data accessibility for users, and managing various types of groups. I started with Identity Panel, the foundational platform for the suite’s other components, and then progressed to detailed discussions on HyperSync Panel, Access Panel, and Service Panel in subsequent webinars.
The suite is designed to help you transition to cloud-based identity management to the cloud or to serve as a MIM replacement when needed.
In my experience, many customers have benefited from a discussion about whether Identity Panel Suite is the right solution for your organization. Please get in touch with Mark, our business development manager to find out more.